Now Playing...
(Yesterday, 06:40 PM)Dudemanguy Wrote: Image

Death - Individual Thought Patterns

I got prog-era Death in the mail, so I finally have these albums on CD. This one is actually my favorite Death album, but a lot of people seem to hate it for whatever strange reason. I think it's brilliant myself; a big step up from human.

Prog-era Death is godlike. I personally prefer Human over this album, Symbolic and TSOP. Everything what they did after 1990 is almost perfect in my opinion. By the way, do you like Cynic, Atheist and all the other proggy death bands? 

Megadeth influenced thrash metal with some NWOBHM throwbacks? Can't believe I missed this.
(Yesterday, 09:00 PM)Perdition Wrote: Chronostrings is on par with everything they've done, IMO. Their debut I can't really get into, and I dropped $100 US on it Laugh Nice to own though.
You know, I'd be willing to carry that weight for you if you dislike it...  Wink
SUBHUMAN WEEBS Image

Damn I'm in love with xi. It's sad that he mainly composes for rhythm games and doesn't really do full albums...
SUBHUMAN WEEBS Image
(Yesterday, 04:46 PM)Dudemanguy Wrote: Nobody's listening to anything?

Listening to stuff is my addiction, but I've laid a little low this week because of the whirlwind of emotions having to do with my dad's health. Without going into too much detail: it appears to be operable, but it's still a bit unclear. So I haven't been playing much on account of me don't wanting anything to be the "soundtrack" of my dad being sick. If that makes any sense...
Glenn Hughes - Resonate. Seeing him live tonight and haven't really played the new album enough, what with being inundated with new Japanese releases...
(11 hours ago)Dejv Wrote: Prog-era Death is godlike. I personally prefer Human over this album, Symbolic and TSOP. Everything what they did after 1990 is almost perfect in my opinion. By the way, do you like Cynic, Atheist and all the other proggy death bands?

Oh yeah absolutely. Atheist, Cynic and Death were the holy trinity of prog death for me for many years. Granted, Death as waned off on me a bit over the years, but I still love this shit out of those albums. Modern tech death has never really done anything for me though.

NP:

Death - Symbolic

My first death album. I haven't listen to this in a long time (I usually play ITP).

(9 hours ago)Agonymph Wrote: Listening to stuff is my addiction, but I've laid a little low this week because of the whirlwind of emotions having to do with my dad's health. Without going into too much detail: it appears to be operable, but it's still a bit unclear. So I haven't been playing much on account of me don't wanting anything to be the "soundtrack" of my dad being sick. If that makes any sense...

Hope everything goes well for you. Good luck with your dad!
Occasionally, I write music reviews.

Too bad Gackt and Mana both lost it quickly after this. Great album though.

Hizaki - curse of virgo

Nice stuff.