[Collecting] CD Ordering General Discussion Thread
3-4 weeks? Wow. They must have ran out of copies really fast. My HMV order is still "in transit" unfortunately. Not sure what the hold up there is.

I had quite a bit of auction drama this morning. Someone put DenKare's Black Box and White Box for quite cheap (1,000 yen) up on auctions a few days ago. Unfortunately, there was some competition and the prices ended up shooting up. I tried to sneak a bid in there near the end of the auctions, but one other guy was ready so we went back and forth for a bit. In the end, he ended up winning White Box and I won the Black Box (~5000 yen). There was another white box listing with a buy it out price (~6400 yen) that I just paid for on the spot because I didn't want to get jacked by someone else. So those I didn't get for cheap, but the prices aren't bad all things considered.

There's a couple more things left I'm waiting on, but they should go smoothly since I doubt there's any demand for them.
Occasionally, I write music reviews.
(01-18-2017, 10:47 PM)rollermonkey Wrote: I'm trying to figure out why stuff ordered from Amazon.co.jp arrives in 1/2 the time as stuff ordered from Japanese sellers on Amazon.com
WTF?!?!?

AmazonJP uses DHL Global, which is 2- or 3-day delivery. Amazon Marketplace sellers typically use media mail, which is one of the lowest priority types. So, 3-4 is not uncommon.
Cool, I also just won After Image's EP, and I went ahead and got a couple of Musashi albums just to pad it out even more. Just one more to go and I should be good with that auction run.
Both order still hung up in customs. I guess I can expect all EMS packages to get searched. Since when was fentanyl coming from Japan?

At any rate, I added Cinema Staff's Symmetoronica to that Denkare order. So let's see if CD Japan has any luck getting that title.

I guess that Zaien Lily, Unlucky Morpheus, Carbonic Acid, Rachel Mother Goose, and Mai Yajima order should be shipping sometime this weekend. Unfortunately due to customs, who knows when I'll get it.
Aww man, I switched to a different credit card and the charge was withheld because it looked suspicious (I guess it kind of does). Hopefully that cleared up after that phonecall with a robot, but that delayed my HMV order from going out.
Shit is still in customs, bleh.

Anyway, HMV has a 23% rebate coupon if you spend 10k yen.
23%? What a weird amount.
That Lovendor DVD cleared customs lightning fast. Strange. Maybe my 2 previous orders (which are still apprehended) is just bad luck.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ordering from Japan Help Thread Perdition 63 2,325 01-05-2017, 03:37 PM
Last Post: TadakatsuH0nda
  Singles/EPs (and Release Format General Discussion) Perdition 31 686 11-16-2016, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Perdition